My Riley,
How could it be that today is your second birthday? How could it be that it's been 2 years already since I've carried you in my womb?
Lily, Daddy, and I spent the morning singing to you. Did you hear us? She knows you. Maybe more than we know you. It's incredible. I see you in her. Her wonder and amazement...it's how I've always imagined that you would be. She's determined, too. Much like you were. She's a fighter, and she's brave. Much braver than I. Brave...like you.
I kept thinking last night about the night you were born. When I took Lilo out, I looked up in the stars. Did you see me? It was just like the night you were born. Same temperature, maybe. The stars were bright, the sky was clear, and I could hear myself yell out that night two years ago. I remember the silent ride to the hospital. It was cold. I was shaking. Not a word was uttered.
Except now things are so different. It's not like the night that you were born. I have found joy again. I have found hope and such an incredible love that I can't even explain it to you. It's a different kind of sadness.
Thank you, Riley. My love for you is so incredible that it hurts. Thank you for loving us just as deeply.
I love you sweet boy,
Mommy
Oh Becky, what a beautiful post. I thought of you and your boys today, I just wasn't able to get to the computer.
ReplyDeleteHappy Bithday Riley- we wish you were here.
Ok so once again I am in tears. Happy birthday Riley. I am sure you are looking down on your sister and mom and dad from above. Tell Matthew and Brandon they I love them. You and Dylan play nice and be good.
ReplyDeleteLove, Lisa