Today was the first of what will be a series of melt downs.
I opened a piece of mail from Ba.bies R Us. That was my first mistake. My second mistake was reading it knowing that there is nothing I need from there. My third mistake was flipping it over to see the classes that they offer on the back.
Saturday, May 8, 2010 is National Mommy-Baby Bonding Day.
Are you kidding me?
It listed all the ways you can bond with your baby both inside the womb and out. It talked about newborn bonding and pre and post-natal bonding. Right. Try bonding when your baby is dead and for years after all you can think about is how you missed out on that bonding time. I'm half tempted to write to them, but what would they say? Afterall, they didn't know it was Dylan's birth/death day. They can't have one group of fliers for regular people and one group of fliers that are sensitive to our needs. They don't care about dead babies. It's the alive babies that keep them in business. And lets face it, despite what I think about the actual store now, when I Dylan and Riley were born they returned everything without a question and even threw a few sympathetic looks my way.
It's going to be a rough one this year and probably next. Mother's day is May 9th this year. The whole weekend I will be by myself unless the God's smile down on my and change Derick's shift before then (which could happen).
I suprise myself every year. I think it will get better and better as the time passes but it doesn't. It just gets different.
I hate that kind of mail. The kind of mail that we'd love to receive had our babies not died. Now it just feels like a slap in the face.
ReplyDeleteNational Mommy-Baby Bonding Day- give me a break.
*hugs* I wish there was more I could say.
ReplyDelete