Sunday, February 7, 2010

Hello Blogland!

Sorry for being MIA. We had no internet for a few weeks and then we moved. Yes, you read correctly. We moved! We're out of my mothers house. It happened rather quickly. I saw an ad placed and we originally looked at the upstairs apartment. It was a fluke really that we looked at the downstairs, but Derick really liked it. It's much smaller but we have a washer/dryer, dishwasher, front porch, and a deck out back. We also have a full basement and all of the flooring is brand new along with newly renovated bathroom. Last week we officially moved but in true Becky fashion, I came down with the stomach flu and spent the entire day in the bathroom while Derick worked his little booty off moving everything by himself. I was one sick puppy. Fever, chills, throwing up...yuck. Knock on wood, but no one else has come down with it yet.

Yesterday we got a good amount of snow. Not as much as our counterparts to the south, but still a good 7 or 8 inches. Enough to make it's presence known but not enough to keep me cooped up in the house all weekend. My parents were nice enough to come and shovel us out and my dad even moved some boxes for me. Derick worked pretty much non-stop all weekend so it was very thoughtful of them.

Anyway, during my time away from the internet, I drafted a very nice post about grief on my phone. It literally took me 4 days...and then it disappeared when I clicked submit! I've got a lot to talk about, but I need some time to figure out how to say it without feeling (even if it's completely off-base) like a selfish moron.

Lily is doing great. Still not walking more than 10 steps at a time, but 10 steps is farther than I could have imagined a few months ago. She is very happy here but she misses my mom's dog and having Mimi and Pop-Pop there all the time. She is talking much more. She looks for Derick all day long and no matter how many times I tell her he is working, the second the phone rings (regardless of who it is) she is yelling for him again. She laughs hysterically at everything. Singing Itsy-Bitsy Spider will change her mood immediately, and holding her sneakers to your nose will make her laugh so hard she looses her balance.

I've missed you all greatly and I'm so glad to be back!

7 comments:

  1. Aww Lily is soo cute!! I'm so excited for you guys that you found a new place. That's fantastic. Sorry to hear you were sick though. And ugh I just hate when my posts get lost when I hit submit. I always copy and paste into notepad before I hit submit, but I'm not sure if that's possible on a phone (I've never used my phone for internet, I live in the dark ages I know..)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you were sick, but glad to know things are going so well for you otherwise! Happy you are back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you email me your new mailing address? I think Lily needs another care package!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've missed you and I'm glad you're back. Congrats on your new place!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you're back and that you've got your own place again.

    ReplyDelete