Tuesday, May 5, 2009

*whew* safe for now

Today they laid off 600 people nation-wide. In those 600 lay off's, they closed 2 offices entirely.

The guy that sits across from me is gone. A lady in the next row over, gone. Two people behind me, gone.

But I'm still here!! 6 people and one member of management from our office are gone. That's a lot considering there are about 100 people here total.

I'm relieved, but don't feel completely out of the woods yet.

Now we're onto some major restructuring especially with the member of management gone. We're talking departments combining, different shifts, and a shift to a new computer system.

I'm sorry for those people. Some very honestly deserved it (ok one in particular) because they were constantly leaving early and not performing the way they should. But the others, my heart aches for. In particular, the very loved member of management.

The day is going to end, and I'll be back tomorrow...still employed. Thank you God! I feel much better about doing what I need to do to stay healthy and to get Lily where she needs to be. I also feel better about possibly committing to finding an apartment.

*whew*

What a relief.

2 comments:

  1. So glad you still have a job! I know this has been a major worry for you. Even though you are not totally out of the woods, keep working hard and take it one day at a time. Whew!

    ReplyDelete