My Dylan,
Today you would be 3 years old. I can't believe how the time is flying. You would be running around me in circles now. Growing so big and tall like Daddy. And you would be talking up a storm. You would wrap your arms around me and I would squeeze you in a bear hug at every chance I got! You'd squeal and run off to play on the playground. You would be fearless.
It feels like an entirely different life. All I know is the life before you and the life after you. They don't overlap and there is no in between. The life before you I hardly remember. I feel sorry for the woman that I was then. She didn't know great love like I know now. She didn't know immense pain, but she missed out on so much love.
I can't wait for your sister to understand a bit more. Thunderstorms aren't so scary when you know an angel up there bowling. As far as we know, where else do those balloons go? We sang Happy Birthday to you today. Lily smiled. She has teeth now, and she smiles big toothy grins.
I miss you, my sweet boy. Have a wonderful birthday in heaven!
I love you.
"She didn't know great love like I know now" So very true. It's amazing how we can be such different people than we were then. Different in a better way.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Dylan!
Happy Birthday Dylan, I'm sure you know this already, but you have a wonderful mama and an adorable baby sister. I know they love you so much.
ReplyDeleteI meant to post this the last time I read this, but my laptop stopped working.
ReplyDeleteHappy belated birthday Dylan.