Tomorrow we head off on our first family vacation. Wish us luck. It's going to be something traveling with Lily and all of her 'stuff.' No lie, we have one entire (gigantic) suitcase just devoted to Lily's stuff. And much to my chagrin, we have to leave the AR wedge at home. So not only do we have our hands full, but the chances of her sleeping without it are slim.
We're headed to San Antonio, TX. I was there twice. Once with my girlfriend on our cross-country road trip. Except we slept in a seedy motel next to a Taco Bell. And the second time was when my brother graduated from the Air Force at Lackland AFB. I shared a hotel with my then, brothers girlfried. I pretty much knew then that she would later become my brother's wife. However, I never imagined that she would be the mother of my neices and nephews. Although then I also didn't know that I'd be back on my first family vacation.
So, I'm sure you're asking yourself...what's in San Antonio?
Well, for one, it was cheap. We got a great deal on a hotel (thank you IATA) and a fantastic deal on airfare. Second, Monica lives not far away. Her and Mr. H are going to join us for a short time. And thirdly...Margarita's.
I love Margarita's of every shape and variety. I love them during the day, at night, by the pool, in the bed, dressed-up or dressed down, sugar or salt, big or little...I just love them. I'm a top-shelf taquilla girl, thank you very much.
Speaking of taquilla, mostly everyone I know has a tequilla story. What's yours? And if you don't have a tequilla story, what's the craziest thing you've done after a long night?
When I was 18 I got my nipples pierced (just in case you were wondering, no milk does not shoot out of them like a sprinkler when you are breastfeeding...a very real concern of mine). When I was 19 I moved to Florida to do the Disney College Program. After a long night of tequilla, I showed everyone my nipple's. My friend, Gregg, freaked out and ran out of the room. That should have tipped me off. Later he came out of the closet. That same night, one of my good friends woke up to a strange man in her bed. Hmmm...
I told you mine, now tell me yours!
Hi Becky,
ReplyDeleteWhen are you all heading to SA, TX? I'm only 5 hours away but will be down there Easter weekend. If you will be there then we should meet up. Oh, tequila stories....I had to do 21 "blow job shots" on the riverwalk in San Antonio at Hard Rock Cafe for my 21st birthday to complete strangers. They actually hand cuffed the guys on top of the table in chairs...good times....the rest of that night was history.....
No tequilla stories, not a tequilla girl. Give me some vodka (Absolut Citron is my vodka of choice, lol) and that's another story... :)
ReplyDeleteMy first weekend back at college at Slippery Rock, my friends and I went to a party, don't remember what the heck I was drinking. Walked home (left my car parked in a dentist office parking lot and had a nasty-gram on it when we went back for it the next day)-- passed out in MY bed. And woke up in the next room the next day. The chick in that room peeked down from the top bunk and said, "I think you're in the wrong room." :D
Then there was my 21st birthday-- I ended up at the truckstop I worked at, playing in the toilet... :blush:
Good times. Thanks for letting me share.
Becky, are you on Facebook? I'm going to try to find you. :D
have fun on your trip!!
have fun! i dont have any tequila stories. im too boring lol.
ReplyDeleteNO tequila stories for me, in fact I'm not much of a drinker, but that doesn't mean I'm a good girl either ;-)
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to finally meet you guys...see you tomorrow!