On Life With Love, Loss, and Lily, I blogged about Lily's Nystagmus.
Yesterday we went to the eye doctor and he was very pleased. He said that she is improving. Visually, things aren't perfect, but they are pretty near perfect. Enough, he said, that he doesn't see her needing glasses in the near future. Yay! I'm so happy. He also said that if it were his daughter he would not put her through and MRI but that it was totally up to us. We've decided that at this point at least, it's probably not warranted. We will see him again in April, and probably every few months after that...but for now, she's good.
He told us what we can do for her and what we should do for her to help with her visual stimulation. I explained that I was a bit embarassed because she watches television often. We don't sit her in front of it by any means, but somehow her eyes always go there. So I asked him and he explained that if she is watching it, that means she can see it. It's visually stimulating to her. So if she's watching age appropriate things and it will stimulate her, than by all means it's ok as long as, of course, it's not a babysitter. So we were pretty pleased. It was a good appointment.
I've been in a blogging funk lately. Sorry for the lack of posts! I also find myself missing the other people that I was writing to on Life with Love and Loss. Not that I don't like you guys, but I miss feeling like I was writing to an audience of strangers and not just my friends. Know what I mean? Maybe I'm crazy...
Part of me wants to go back there, but an even larger part of me doesn't want to open myself up to that again.
Well anyway...I leave you with some pictures...
Aww she's so cute! and Yay I finally got in!
ReplyDeleteI had been meaning to ask you about her eye progress. So glad the appt. went well.
ReplyDeleteShe's is getting so big and cute!
How cute are those pictures. I am glad her eyes are okay!! We've been thinking about you! If you ever need someone to talk too, we could always get together and you can always "vent" to me!
ReplyDeleteOMG she's SO big now!!! sorry it took me so long to get here! better late than never right?? now I have to catch up so excuse me for a day or two ha ha ha
ReplyDelete