Well, we're moving.
Derick hasn't found anything yet, despite only a few interviews (maybe something tomorrow?). He also hasn't recieved a dime from unemployment yet. When he called last week, he spoke with someone that had broken English. He believes they said something about the middle of the month, but he doesn't know what. If he gets denied, we're going to appeal because we have to. His grandmother spoke with someone at the unemployment office that she knows and they told her that it used to be 4-6 weeks for benefits and now they're looking at 6-8. We're at week 7. We've been surviving on one income for 2 months and things are very, very tight. Particularly when that one income isn't enough to sustain a household.
So come January 31st, we'll be out of our home and back into my parents. We're going to move into my parents basement, and my mother couldn't be happier. She says, "You know, there are wonderful pre-schools around here." I gently told her that we wouldn't be living with her by the time Lily starte pre-school. Her eyes sank, and then I reminded her that by the time Lily is in pre-school I will be 30 and I will not be living in my parents basement by the time I am 30. I love my mother, and God knows that she adores Lily, but living with them at 30 is not how I envisioned my life.
Lilo is sleeping peacefully next to me on the couch despite a worrisome week. Tuesday night she started peeing funny, was up all night, and by Wednesday she had blood in her urine. I knew almost immediately that she had a UTI, and we rushed to the vet. $100 and amoxicillian (that I already had at home!) later, she's doing much better and is almost back to herself. I get so nervous after the last great vet incident and the fact that she had to have surgery then and nearly died, that I can't sleep when I know she isn't feeling well. So it was a rough week, and I find myself constantly checking on her and feeling her tummy to make sure that nothing is tender or distended.
My Lilybug doesn't want anything to do with being a baby anymore, and I'm pretty sad. She cries when you cradle her in your arms because she wants to sit up. I think she's going to be sitting before we know it. Already she can pull herself up to a sitting position as long as you are holding her legs balanced. She can sit with very little assistance, and she's growing so strong. She's still not really playing with toys yet, but she's getting there. We put her in her Baby Einstein jumper thing and I found her studying the toys. She spent some time looking and touch each one intimately. So I think it's just a matter of time before she realizes that she can play with it. It's fun to watch, but I do miss being pregnant already. I really don't know how I'm going to make the 3-5 years that Derick wants to wait.
And lastly...
Visit Living With an Incompetent Cervix
It's a project that Monica H. and I started a few months ago and I think maybe we're ready to put it out there. At least on my private blog only read by like 10 of you!! So you know, as public as my private blog is. Anyhow...she's been working very hard on it and I've been slacking. Well, not slacking as much as working my ass off at work! So she deserves a lot of credit for it. Derick thinks that we should register a domane name and he'll build the site for us, but we aren't sure if we're ready to get there yet. For now, it's perfect and my hope is that it will be a source of reference and hope for those who don't know where else to turn.
I hope things go smoothly at your mothers house. I know it's hard to take a step backwards, but maybe this is the best thing for you guys to get back on your feet. I hope the unemployment checks start coming in before you have to change your address...so frustrating.
ReplyDeleteWhen I read that Lilo had a UTI, I thought you were talking about Lily and I about freaked out from reading the bloody urine thing. I hope Lilo is okay, Bunny got sick this weekend too. Only our vet visits totalled over $400.
I've been trying to add more to the other blog, but I've been slacking too. So far, I've only added 4 IC blogs- but it's a lot of work! Thanks for the credit though it was all your idea :-)