Wednesday, December 23, 2009

My girl

Lily is growing quicker than I ever thought possible.

On December 14 she took 2 steps by herself. She was very pleased with herself and couldn't stop grinning. I cried. She hasn't taken more than 2 steps by herself since, but it's a start. Slow and steady is my Lily! I think by the end of January (or maybe before) she's going to be running around me in circles. I got on the scale the other day and in the last 2 months or so I've lost 10lbs. Presumably from chasing her all over the house. Up the stairs, down the stairs, into the kitchen...

Yesterday Lily learned how to let the dog out of the crate. She also learned that if the dog isn't in the crate, there is no reason that Lily can't be in it. She sticks her fingers in wrapped Christmas presents for her cousins and she ripped a hole in a bag to get a stuffed animal out that my parents got her for Christmas. She stands neatly by me while I wrap and holds the tape. When I'm short on paper, after I curse to myself, she hands me itty-bitty scraps of paper hoping that it will work. She tries all day to please me. I smile and she smiles bigger. I laugh and she laughs harder. Yesterday I was teaching her that bunnies hop and she hopped.

Two days ago she pointed to Santa Clause on the neighbors porch and said, "Santa?!" This morning at breakfast (she ate her weight in pancakes I tell you) my mom and my aunt were asking her if Santa was coming. She pointed, like she does to the neighbors house, and clear as day said, "Santa!" Then she went back to eating.

It's hard to believe that she is getting so big. That tiny baby that I once touched through an isolette has been replaced by a happy toddler.

3 comments:

  1. She is gorgeous and growing up so fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow. Just look at her, she is such a little doll. Amazing how they grow up so fast.

    ReplyDelete