Friday, June 12, 2009

Then the fog lifts

I've had a few re-occuring dreams lately. In them I'm with Lily, all alone, with her in her Baby Bjorn. She's facing me, and we're in the middle of the ocean. It's dark. No moon, no stars, and it's raining. Once we were there because of a plain crash, once we just ended up there, and once we were the lone survivors of a sinking boat. In each dream I struggle to keep our heads above water. It takes me a moment to realize that although my head is above water, Lily is at a lower level than me and she can't breathe. I can feel her struggling, so I shift to my back forcing her head higher, and we can breathe again. I get tired, though, treading water. And I wait for someone to come rescue us. No one does. And we're just there. Waiting.

Last night I had a dream of different sorts. I was in the car with Derick, Lily, and my parents. The air was thick and heavy and hazy. It was smokey and smog-like. It smelled, bad. We could see chemical plants in the distance. You couldn't even see the stars. All of a sudden, we were out of it. The sun was shining and the sky was blue. The trees and the grass were green and there were wild flowers. I asked my mom what that was and she said, "I don't know. But let's not go back there again."

~*~*~*~*~

Derick got a phone call today. He got a job. As a PAID FIREMAN! He's waited his whole life for that call and today it finally came. I've never, in my life, been so proud of him.

~*~*~*~*~

I should put more stock into my dreams, what do you think?



I decided to go un-private. You still won't be able to find my blog by doing a g.oogle search, but it's here. I want people to read. I miss people reading.

5 comments:

  1. Maybe the dark and smelly dream in combination with the trying to stay afloat symbolizes you being the bread winner and all you're alone trying to provide for Lily.

    The blue skies, wildflowers and green grass is the brighter side of this all-- D getting a job!

    Congrats to him, that's amazing. I miss peole reading too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome news! Congrats to both of you.

    And yes, dreams can be very powerful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WTG Derick!! How wonderful for you guys!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY on the job! Hugs to you! Let me know how the appt. went. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete