For the first time in a long time, it didn't rain! We were out and about with no plans set except to enjoy the weather and our time as a family.
On Saturday we went to the park for my MIL to take pictures of us as a family. She is a professional photographer that doesn't take many pictures anymore except of her family and of things. So it was nice. We went to the parkway which has special signifigance to Derick and I because we spent Dylan's 1st birthday there. It was special to us to take some pictures there as a family. From there, went went to an old covered bridge that is now just part of a foot path, and then we headed to the Rose Garden. That particular rose garden is where the hospital spreads the ashes of babies who've been lost. It's always bittersweet for me and is often a place that I go to for reflection. So being there, and enjoying it, was kind of new for me. Lily loved the flowers and the bugs and everything about it. She's kind of Godzilla-like in that she tries to crumble everything regardless of the beauty. Upon meeting Addisyn for the first time, for instance, she pulled her hair. Some would say that perhaps she wasn't being Godzilla-like and was mearly jealous. It's possible, but Lily certainly has nothing to be jealous of. But you know, she has no idea what it means to be gentle, caring, or unjealous. She has no concept of that. It makes her so pure and innocent in so many ways, but when there are eager new parents standing over a baby...it's hard to remember how innocent she is. Yesterday she grabbed her friend Emily's toes. Nice. Emily is a TAC baby too. Both so special, and but in 12 or 13 years we might be singing a different tune.
Anyway, back to the pictures...so we got a lot of nice ones. I had not realized how big I am until I saw those pictures. It's funny because I'm exactly the same weight as I was when I got pregnant but everything is just re-proportioned. I don't like it. I'm not happy. But it seems to overwhelming for me to do it on my own. I have been eating tremendously better thanks to Lily. She enjoys fresh fruit and veggies and I enjoy cooking them for her. If I'm cooking for her, I might as well cook them for us. I'll post some pictures as soon as Derick emails them to me at work.
That's about it for our weekend. Sunday we went to see my neice and she cried when I held her. It made me sad. But she's hungry all the time and they are having a hard time keeping her satisfied. She's beautiful though. Then we went to see Lisa and her husband and baby Emily for dinner. We had a wonderful time and I wish that we could have spent more time together. We talk nearly everyday but we don't get together nearly as often as we should. We all work like crazy and it's hard to get our schedules together.
How was your weekend? Did you do anything fun and exciting?
Isn't it great when a professional takes pictures of your family. My brother better never move overseas lol! I'd love to see them.
ReplyDeleteMy weekend was good, 2 long runs and the the in laws minded our children while DH and I went on a our first date in AGES.
Can I add your boys to my tshirt that I'm getting made for the actual run?
Then of course, my world got flipped over when my dad phoned to say he needs heart surgery and really, I don't know where we go from here....
Hi Becky! Long time; I started up a new blog because the other one kept depressing me. My 4th was exhausting to say they least. Keep in touch!
ReplyDeleteHey Becky. We had a great weekend. So happy to see the sunshine. Just wondering if you went to Point Pleasant Monday. I only know you through pictures, but I sweat I saw you. :)
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to see your family pictures! No matter what your size Becky, you're a beautiful person. Be proud of you.
ReplyDelete