Friday, July 17, 2009

Mini-Vacation

A few months ago I won a 2-night stay at the Courtyard Marriott in Philadelphia. It was through work and we had no idea when we would use it because finding time to get away is hard. So to make a long story short, we found time and we went this week. We had a lovely time.



























We went to the aquarium in Camden, NJ (which wasn't all it cracked up to be), and we also went to the Philadelphia Zoo. They are celebrating 150 years as America's First Zoo. We enjoyed both days, although in my opinion, the aquarium was a rip-off!

Lily is getting so big I can't even believe it. She's making significant strides in her movement and scoots herself to get where she needs to be. She eats pretty much everything now, and we're about to move onto whole milk. My tiny baby girl is getting so big. She wants to do everything herself, and she won't do it until she decides she's ready to do it. It's amazing. Her personality is more and more like mine everyday. Yesterday I put a bow in her hair to get her ready for her first birthday pictures tomorrow (yikes! I'll post more tomorrow with her cake ), and she batted her eyelashes and tilted her head as if she was showing off her beautiful bow. She makes me laugh and cry at the same time nearly everyday.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Derick just surprised me with a new camera! I'm going to be able to post lots more pictures now!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you were able to get away for some quiet family time.

    Love all the pictures and can't believe she's already going to be a year old! It seems just like yesterday when you sent me the email of her birth.

    Can't wait to see her birthday pictures and yay for yuou for getting a new camera! What kind did you get? I've been wanting a newer up to date model- mine is 10 years old!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh!! I can't believe it's almost been a year!! She is just gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete